Discover no longer offers car rental insurance on its credit cards. Discover used to offer this coverage, but it’s been eliminated. If you need to rent a car and you want credit card rental car coverage, it’s best to use a different card — if possible, one with primary coverage.
Do credit cards have insurance on rental cars?
Many credit cards include a form of coverage called a collision damage waiver. When you pay for your rental car with your credit card, and you decline the optional insurance, this coverage can take the place of the expensive policies sold by rental car companies, at no additional cost.
What credit cards offer primary car rental insurance?
- Chase Sapphire Reserve.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card.
- Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card.
- Ink Business Preferred Credit Card.
- Ink Business Cash Credit Card.
- Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card.
- United Explorer Card.
- United Quest Card.
What is the best credit card for rental insurance?
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®: Best for Travel Expenses.
- Bilt World Elite Mastercard®: Best No Annual Fee Card.
- Chase Freedom Flex℠: Best Rotating Category.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card: Best Mid-Tier.
- Hilton Honors Aspire Card from American Express: Best Hotel Card for Car Rental.