You’ll need to work for those specialties, though — certification requires an additional 2 to 3 years of study on top of vet school at veterinary colleges with accreditation, plus passing an intensive exam.
How much do vets get paid in NYC?
How much does a Veterinarian make in New York, NY? The average Veterinarian salary in New York, NY is $123,470 as of October 27, 2022, but the range typically falls between $96,973 and $156,674.
How long does it take to become a vet?
The course itself consists of 5 years training and will prepare you for entry into any branch of the profession (source qualifax.ie).
Where are vets most paid?
- Hawaii: $198,600 annually.
- Canada: $53,915 annually.
- Denmark: between €47,000 and $51,216 per year.
- Qatar: $60,959 on average per year.
- Luxemburg: $53,040 annual salary.
- Netherlands: annual salary is $69,244.