You’ll need to work for those specialties, though — certification requires an additional 2 to 3 years of study on top of vet school at veterinary colleges with accreditation, plus passing an intensive exam.
Where are vets most paid?
- Hawaii: $198,600 annually.
- Canada: $53,915 annually.
- Denmark: between €47,000 and $51,216 per year.
- Qatar: $60,959 on average per year.
- Luxemburg: $53,040 annual salary.
- Netherlands: annual salary is $69,244.
How much do most vets make?
Veterinarians earn an average yearly salary of $121,560.
Can vets be rich?
The hours can be long, the physical effort grueling, and the emotional impact of treating ill and injured animals daily can be difficult. While salaries vary widely, veterinarians rarely become wealthy. As long as there are animals, there will be a need for veterinarians to care for them.