- Crisp bills (shown in photo: 50 one dollar bills; use bigger bills for a larger gift)
- Pencil or dowel.
- A bag of small clear hair rubber bands (check dollar stores)
- 2-3 really large rubber bands.
- 2-3 round Styrofoam discs various sizes OR round cookie tins.
How many bills does it take to make a money cake?
- (2) Foam discs – We used (1) 8” and (1) 10”
- Paper dollars – Our cake is made with (100) dollar bills.
- (100) Pearl tipped straight pins.
- Pink tissue paper.
- Pink Beaded Necklace.
- Gold charger plate.
How do you attach money to money cake?
- Line up the slit on the lid with the end of money roll.
- Feed at least 1” or 25mm of the money roll into the slit.
- Snap the lid on the box.
- Use tape or ribbon to attach the money roll to your cake topper, candy, or toy to pull on for the reveal! Be creative!
What kind of tape do you use for a money cake?
Roll the dollar bills around a pen or pencil and then use scotch tape to hold them together. Attach an elastic or tie elastic cord around the foam. Insert the rolled dollar bills. Tie ribbon around around each circle to cover the elastic.