How Much Would Babe Ruth be worth today?
As measured by those metals, Ruth’s $80,000 transmogrifies to between $6 and $9 million in 2021 currency–that’s still less than several members of the New York Knicks, but nonetheless a handsome amount. Far better yet have been equities. In 1931, the United States’ gross domestic product was $77 billion.
How much money did Babe Ruth make in the 1920s?
Inflation only does so much for the record money Babe Ruth made 100 years ago. Ruth’s $20,000 salary from 1920, for example, would be worth only $258,115 in 2020, according to the Inflation Calculator. That system does not take into account the MLB minimum, which is $563,5000 this season.
Who is the highest paid baseball player of all time?
- 1B Prince Fielder: $215,754,779.
- P Cole Hamels: $204,443,666.
- Mets SP Max Scherzer: $197,908,333.
- Angels OF Mike Trout: $196,740,12579.
- 3B David Wright: $194,106,500.
- OF Barry Bonds: $192,945,000.
- SP Jon Lester: $192,457,959. Career: 2006-21.
- 1B Ryan Howard: $190,771,780. Career: 2004-16.