|Hourly||$8.00 per hour||$14.00 per hour|
|Salary||$16,000 per year||$35,000 per year|
How do you become a game tester?
- Upgrade your gaming practice. The most important part of becoming a game tester is to become an intentional and conscientious gamer.
- Build technical knowledge and skills in game testing.
- Participate in public beta testing.
- Build a game tester resume.
- Apply for game tester jobs.
Is being a game tester worth it?
If you enjoy working with electronics, becoming a video game tester may be an attractive career choice. Not only is there a demand for quality game testers due to the popularity of video game consoles, but it’s a good way to enter the video game industry.
Is being a game tester hard?
You won’t want to buy it, you won’t want to even touch it — every quest will be as familiar to you as the back of your hand. For all of these reasons and more, being a game tester is an arduous and complicated job.