- Delta. 4.2 $83,553per year. 4,433 reviews8 salaries reported.
- Southwest Airlines. 4.3 $50,431per year. 2,602 reviews16 salaries reported.
- Delta. 3.9 $48,887per year.
- Corporate Air LLC. 2.4 $47,680per year.
- United Airlines. 4.0 $47,659per year.
- Show more companies.
Are flight attendants paid hourly?
Whether the flight attendant is paid hourly or salaried is based on the particular contract with the airline. Some flight attendants start out at $15 per hour, others at $19 – or higher. When the airlines are scrambling to add flight crews, starting pay can be $21 to $27 per hour.
Is it worth being a flight attendant?
If you want a job with travel benefits, excitement, and a non-traditional 9-to-5, then it’s worth it. Flight attendants also earn decent salaries and benefits. However, for people who want time with their families and a more stable job schedule, it isn’t worth it.
How hard is flight attendant school?
The training is very tough and intense but, if you make it through, it’s the best learning experience and you will gain lifelong skills. It is a stressful time, and has to be, because flight attendants may have to deal with an emergency and must be calm and focused in such an event.